The parish provides religious education opportunities for the children of the parish who attend public schools. Classes for grades one through eight are held on Sunday mornings from 10:30 am to 11:45 am. You may register your child at the PSR Office during PSR Classes, or come to the Parish Center to obtain a registration form. The first catechists in any child's life are the family members with whom he or she lives. What happens at home - both positive and negative - provides lessons for life. Family faith should be shared as part of the unfolding of daily life. Our homes provide the foundation in which our children learn to live his or her faith. Our goal is to enrich and form lifelong faith formation centered around the life of the church. Volunteers are needed as catechists, substitutes, aides, and office help.
Curriculum: In Grades 1-7, the spiraling curriculum of the Christ Our Life series is used to cover the essential elements of the Christian Message at each level: Scripture, Moral Life, Liturgy and Prayer and Creed.
- Grade 1: Creation and Salvation through Christ
- Grade 2: Eucharist and Reconciliation
- Grade 3: Creed, Sacraments of Vocation and Healing
- Grade 4: Commandments and Beatitudes
- Grade 5: Catholic Liturgy and Sacramental System
- Grade 6: Hebrew Scriptures
- Grade 7 Jesus in the New Testament
- Grade 8: Pflaum Lectionary Based Program, Visions
Calendar: Sundays, 9:30 am - 10:45 A.M. Starts second week of September through April.
Employees and volunteers of the Church of St. Peter are required to attend one of the Virtus Training Programs.
PROTECTING GOD'S CHILDREN
The VIRTUS TRAINING PROGRAM is for Parish Employees and Volunteers:
- To know the warning signs of abuse
- To plan ways to minimize abuse
Dates for Virtus Workshops to be announced.
At St. Anthony, Lorain (288-0106) or St. Joseph, Amherst (988-2848)
CATECHIST FAITH FORMATION WORKSHOPS
- To work toward the basic certification of Catechists
- To update Cathecists in areas of Catechesis, Methodology, and Theology
Catechists of the Day School and PSR Programs are welcome. Please use the parking lot behind the church and enter through Door 2 of the Commons. For catechists from other parishes, a workshop fee, payable to St. Peter PSR is needed. If interested, call Mrs. Megan Stadnik at 282-9103 Ext. 119.